UF’s employee benefits Open Enrollment will be held Oct. 17 – Nov. 4. During Open Enrollment, employees can make changes and elections to state and UF benefit plans through the appropriate online portals. Elections made during Open Enrollment will be effective Jan. 1, 2017.
Here are some steps you can take to get ready for this year’s Open Enrollment:
- Watch for Open Enrollment packets from PeopleFirst arriving by mail in mid-October as well as emails from UF Benefits. Be sure to read all Open Enrollment materials carefully.
- Review information on the state’s myBenefits website (for employees eligible for state plans) and Human Resource Services’ website (for UFSelect and GatorCare plans). Please be sure to review the state plan and GatorCare plan changes effective Jan. 1, 2017.
- Have your People First user ID (PFID) ready if you are eligible for or enrolled in state plans. To locate your PFID, login to the myUFL portal and navigate to: Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > PFID & Beneficiary Info. People First passwords expire every 90 days. To reset, log on to the People First website and follow the “Forgot Password” instructions. For further assistance, please call 1-866-663-4735.
- Attend UF’s Annual Employee Benefits Fair on Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Touchdown Terrace at the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The Benefits Fair is a great opportunity to meet with benefits and retirement vendors and learn more about available plan options. Flu shots will be available to employees providing their UFID and valid insurance ID cards.
UF employees outside of Alachua County may attend a state benefits fair in their local area; however, UFSelect and GatorCare vendors will only be participating in the UF fair in Gainesville on Oct. 27.
- Make your benefits elections early. Enrollments must be completed online via the People First system and/or the myUFL portal. All online transactions must be completed by Nov. 4, 6 p.m. Eastern Time.
Please note that you may be eligible for state plans, GatorCare and UFSelect plans. Carefully review your elections with the state and with UFSelect to ensure you do not have duplicate coverage. Any change made to an election in the People First system does not affect elections in the myUFL system. Changes between a state plan and a UF plan will require two transactions – one in People First and one in myUFL.
If you have questions regarding Open Enrollment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352) 392-2477.
|Benefit programs at a glance|
Enrollment system: People First
State health and supplemental plans are administered by People First on a pre-tax basis with the exception of the Optional Life plan. Plans include: State Health, Basic & Optional Life, Dental, Vision, Medical & Dependent Reimbursement, Cancer/Intensive Care, Supplemental Hospital, Accident and Short Term Disability.
|UFSelect voluntary plans
Enrollment system: myUFL
UF-sponsored plans, available on a post-tax basis, include: Dental, Vision, Term Life, Disability and Legal.
|GatorCare Health plans
Enrollment system: myUFL
These health plans fall under UF’s self-insured program with different plan options based on employee classification.