During Open Enrollment, employees can make changes and elections to state and UF benefit plans that will take effect Jan. 1, 2018.
Here’s how you can get ready for this year’s Open Enrollment, which runs Oct. 16-Nov. 3:
- Watch for Open Enrollment packets from PeopleFirst arriving by mail in mid-October and emails from UF Benefits. Be sure to read all materials carefully and pay special attention to information on plan changes effective Jan. 1, 2018.
- Review your options with ALEX beginning Oct. 16, when the system will be updated with 2018 benefits information. ALEX walks you through the process of picking your best benefits and provides easy-to-understand explanations for any questions you might have along the way.
- Review information on the state’s myBenefits website for state plans and the UFHR Benefits website for UFSelect and GatorCare plans. Please pay special attention to information on state plan changes effective Jan. 1, 2018.
Benefit programs at-a-glance
- State-sponsored plans
Enroll via People First
Health, Basic & Optional Life, Dental, Vision, Medical & Dependent Reimbursement Accounts, Cancer/Intensive Care, Supplemental Hospital, Accident, and Short Term Disability
- UFSelect plans
Enroll via myUFL system
Dental, Vision, Term Life, Disability, and Legal insurance
- GatorCare Health plans
Enroll via myUFL system
Health plans available only to specific employee populations with options based on employee classification
- A People First user ID (PFID) is required if you would like to make changes to or enroll in state plans. If you are unsure of your PFID, login to the myUFL system and navigate to: Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > PFID & Beneficiary Info. People First passwords expire every 90 days. To reset, log onto the People First website and follow “Forgot Password” instructions. For further assistance, call 1-866-663-4735.
- Attend the Benefits & Wellness Fair on Thursday, Oct. 26. UF employees outside of Alachua County may attend a state benefits fair in their local area; however, UFSelect and GatorCare vendors will only be participating in the UF fair in Gainesville on Oct. 26.
- Make your benefits elections early. Enrollments must be completed using the online portals via the People First system and/or the myUFL portal. All online transactions must be completed by Nov. 3 at 6 p.m. EST.
Employees may be eligible for state plans, GatorCare and UFSelect plans. By using ALEX and carefully reviewing your elections with the state and with UFSelect, you can avoid signing up for duplicate coverage. Please note that any change made to an election in the People First system does not impact elections in the myUFL system. Changes between a state plan and a UF plan will require two transactions – one in People First and one in myUFL.
If you have questions regarding Open Enrollment please contact UFHR Benefits by emailing email@example.com. Need to speak with a counselor? You can book your appointment online using UFHR Benefits’ new appointment scheduler.