Signing up for UFSelect Term Life or Long Term Disability plan?
The Standard – Term Life – Requires a myUFL Enrollment and medical application, as indicated below. Term Life provides coverage levels up to $800,000 for employee coverage, $400,000 for spouse/domestic partner coverage and $25,000 for dependent child coverage. Spouse/domestic partner and/or dependent coverage cannot exceed employee coverage.
- No Medical Application required if you wish to cancel, enroll as a new participant, or are already enrolled in term life coverage. Open enrollment limits are $10,000 for employee coverage, $5,000 for spouse/domestic partner coverage, and/or $5,000 for dependent coverage.
- Medical Applications are required if you want to increase by more than $10,000 for employee coverage and/or $5,000 for spouse/domestic partner or dependent coverage.
The Standard – Long Term Disability – Requires a paper enrollment and medical application, as indicated below. Disability provides a 30-day and 90-day option.
- No Medical Application required if you are already enrolled in the 30-day plan and wish to decrease coverage levels to the 90-day plan or cancel.
- Medical Applications are required if you want to enroll in a disability plan for the first time or increase coverage levels from the 90-day plan to 30-day plan.
Please be sure you have completed the steps below:
- Enrolled online via myUFL for Term Life coverage or by paper for Long Term Disability coverage.
- Completed a company medical application by following the instructions using the link online here.