The guide can be found at http://training.hr.ufl.edu/resources/i9/FormI-9/FormI-9.htm .
What does the new resource guide include?
- Instructions on completing each section of the Form I-9
- Deadlines for completion of each section in order to be federally compliant
- Examples of completed Forms I-9
- Information on how HR department administrators should complete Section 2
- Specific guidance regarding allowable documentation for each citizenship status (i.e., U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident and Foreign Nationals)
- Common mistakes to avoid
- The distance hire process and E-verification of all employees
Given the legal ramifications and complicated nature of the Form I-9, this new guide will help ensure UF’s new employees are in compliance with federal regulations. Completing these forms accurately speeds up the hiring process.
HR administrators and staff are encouraged to become familiar with this new resource guide and use it as a reference when hiring new employees. Any questions can be directed to HRS at (352) 392-2477 or to email@example.com.