UF employees should report qualifying status events to University Benefits or their Human Resource Services satellite office within 60 days of the event date. Qualifying status change events include the following:
- Birth, adoption or legal guardianship (add each child, even if you already have family coverage)
- Marriage or divorce
- Death of spouse or dependent
- Change from full- to part-time or part- to full-time employment
- Change in spouse’s employment status
- Unpaid leave of absence for employee or spouse
- Change in dependent’s eligibility
Outside of the 60-day qualifying status event window, changes to your benefit plans are limited to the annual Open Enrollment period.
Questions? Contact University Benefits at (352) 392-2477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.