Reminder: Be sure to report all work/life-event changes
UF employees should report qualifying status events to University Benefits or their Human Resource Services satellite office within 60 days of the event date. Qualifying status change events include the following:
- Birth, adoption or legal guardianship (add each child, even if you already have family coverage)
- Marriage or divorce
- Death of spouse or dependent
- Change from full- to part-time or part- to full-time employment
- Change in spouse’s employment status
- Unpaid leave of absence for employee or spouse
- Change in dependent’s eligibility
Outside of the 60-day qualifying status event window, changes to your benefit plans are limited to the annual Open Enrollment period.
Questions? Contact University Benefits at (352) 392-2477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.