New policy provides guidance on automatic email forwarding and more
In an administrative memo dated Feb. 8, Provost Glover and VP & CIO Elias Eldayrie provided guidance on the use of electronic mail used in the course of conducting university business. Please be sure to keep in mind the following guidelines regarding the use of UF email:
- University of Florida electronic mail may not be automatically forwarded to a non-university provided or approved service.
- University of Florida business must be conducted using an assigned ufl.edu email address.
- Emails on the university mail system have the following default retention settings:
- Inbox and Sent Items: 3 years from creation or receipt
- Deleted Items: Purged after 30 days
The policy also places responsibility on faculty and staff for compliance with this policy.
Please contact the UF Information Security Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 273-1344 for additional information.