Superior Accomplishment Awards honor outstanding and meritorious service
Nearly 400 employees gathered at the J. Wayne Reitz Union’s Grand Ballroom on April 14 for the 2016 Superior Accomplishment Awards ceremony. This annual program recognizes staff and faculty members who contribute outstanding and meritorious service, efficiency and/or economy, or to the quality of life for students and employees.
The six university category winners—along with the university winners from the Community Service and Diversity & Inclusion awards—each received $2,000, a commemorative trophy, and tickets for themselves and a guest to enjoy a 2016 home football game in the President’s Box as guests of Dr. Fuchs.
The following individuals received awards at the university level, the Superior Accomplishment Awards’ highest honors:
- Clerical/Office Support- Veronica S. Javier, Sr. Secretary, College of Pharmacy – St. Pete Campus
- Support Services- George S. Darby, Maintenance Specialist, IFAS – North Florida Research and Education Center
- Scientific/Technical- Pamela A. Holt, Health Support Technician, Student Health Care Center
- Administrative/Supervisory, Stephanie L. McBride, Administrative Assistant, PHHP Dean’s Office
- Administrative/Professional, Kevin L. Clarke, Assistant Director, Human Resources
- Academic Personnel, Brenda A. Wiens, Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical and Health Psychology
- Community Service, Debora J. Lescault, Accountant, Stephen C. O’Connell Center
- Diversity & Inclusion, Patricia M. Jordan, Student Affairs Coordinator 2, Housing and Residence Education
Four individuals received the Jeffrey A. Gabor Employee Recognition Award, sponsored by the Gabor Agency. These employees were each presented with a $1,000 check and a commemorative award. The recipients were:
- Frederick C. Hirning, Maintenance Mechanic, IFAS – Ft. Lauderdale Research and Education Center
- John D. Anderson, Research Coordinator, Environmental and Global Health, PHHP
- Emily E. Eubanks, Information Office Coordinator, Center for Landscape Conservation & Ecology
- Deborah M. Mayhew, Director of Student Development, College of Engineering – Student Services
Recipients of The Standard Insurance Employee Recognition Awards were presented with a $1,000 check and a commemorative award. Recipients were:
- Jacob Adams, Program Assistant, Office of Sustainability
- Kristyn A. Minkoff, Executive Secretary, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Crystal E. Hall, Sr. Financial Aide Officer, University Bursar
- Oliverne M. “Virni” Mattson, Grants Specialist, Entomology and Nematology
UF’s Superior Accomplishment Awards program was developed to recognize deserving university employees. The program is coordinated by the Office of Human Resource Services. For more information and to view ceremony photos, visit the Superior Accomplishment Awards section of the HRS website.