The University of Florida Police Department, in coordination with University of Florida Student Government, released “GatorSafe” in 2015, replacing TapShield. The GatorSafe app is designed to enhance the safety of students, faculty and staff while on campus.
- Emergency contact information
- Emergency guides that direct users on what to do in case of an emergency situation
- Alcohol poisoning/safety information and instructions for helping someone in distress
- A real-time crime map
- Quick and easy ways to provide tips directly to law enforcement
- A “safety tool box” for enhancing personal safety
- Links to transportation web sites to connect with SNAP, RTS, Uber and Gator Lift.
GatorSafe is available on the App Store and on Google Play.