UFIT tech tip: Clean your cell phone
How dirty is your mobile device? Can you remember the last time you cleaned it? As unpleasant as it may be to think about, cell phones are mobile petri dishes. Something you constantly carry in your hand is bound to have germs on it.
To protect yourself from harmful bacteria, be sure to clean your smartphone once a week with these five steps:
- Fill a spray bottle halfway with distilled or bottled water
- Fill the other half of the bottle with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol
- Put the cap back on and shake the bottle to mix the solution
- Lightly spray the solution on a microfiber or lint-free cloth
- Rub it over your entire phone, especially the buttons
UFIT wants your devices to be germ free inside and out. If you need help with device issues, the UF Computing Help Desk will evaluate your device for free.
Have questions? Call (352) 392-HELP, email email@example.com or visit the HUB for assistance.