International Educator of the Year awards deadline
The UF International Center is pleased to invite nominations for the 2018 International Educator of the Year awards. These awards are made annually in recognition of the outstanding contributions of faculty and staff to the internationalization of the University of Florida. As in years past, three awards will be made:
- Senior Faculty International Educator of the Year
- Junior Faculty International Educator of the Year
- Staff International Educator of the Year
Senior and junior faculty nominations:
Colleges are invited to submit nominations for the Senior and Junior Faculty International Educator awards. All UF colleges are eligible to nominate one faculty member for each award category; CALS, CLAS and the College of Medicine may nominate up to two faculty members for each award. Each college is free to develop its own review process for selecting nominees. Nominations from each college must include an endorsement by the nominee’s department chair and college dean.
For the purposes of this award, junior faculty nominees should be no more than five years post-tenure or no more than 10 years into their academic career (for non-tenure track faculty). Senior faculty nominees should be individuals who have held tenure for more than five years or who have been in their academic career for more than 10 years (for non-tenure track faculty).
Nominations for the staff award may be made by any UF faculty or staff member to the nominee’s respective college or unit. Staff nominations must include an endorsement by the nominee’s supervisor and department chair, director or dean. Colleges may re-nominate individuals who were previous college nominees for the campus-wide award.
All nominations should consist of:
- Cover page with the full name, title, position and college/unit of the nominee
- A one-to-two-page personal statement by the nominee describing his/her international engagements and contributions to the internationalization of UF. Please limit this statement to two pages and do not include a CV, resume or other extensive materials in the nomination packet.
- One letter of endorsement or nomination from the nominee’s chair, director, dean or unit supervisor
- No more than two letters of support from supervisors, colleagues and/or students
All nominations must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 5.
Nominations must be sent by the appropriate college representative via email with electronic attachments to the UFIC Office for Global Research Engagement at OGRE@ufic.ufl.edu.
For more information, contact Julie Fesenmaier.