One of the traditional components of UF’s commencement ceremonies is honoring individuals who have been selected to receive a university designated award (including the honorary degree, the distinguished alumnus award, the distinguished achievement award and the distinguished service award). UF counts on faculty and staff to identify and nominate individuals who, through their accomplishments and service, are deserving of the university’s highest honors.
Nominations submitted by the Oct. 1 deadline will be considered at the October 2018 meeting of the university’s Honorary Degrees and Distinguished Awards Committee.
The nomination package consists of the following:
- “Call for Nominations” form
- A description of the individual’s intellectual and professional achievements/attributes
- The nominee’s vitae/resume/biographical description
- Three or more letters of support (typically a mixture of internal and external letters) that will help the committee understand the significance of this nominee’s work, his/her contributions and his/her impact on others
- Letter of support from the dean of the college that will host the award recipient
The nomination package should be mailed to the committee, in care of Stephanie McBride, Office of the Provost, P.O. Box 113175. If you have any questions about the process, email email@example.com or call (352) 392-5277.
To learn more, visit Honorary Degrees and Distinguished Awards Protocols on the Faculty Senate website.