Pilot Project Awards for Research on Pain, Aging and Disability Deadline
UF Center for Advancing Minority Pain and Aging Science
Pilot Project Awards for Research on Pain, Aging and Disability
****Full application due March 1, 2019****
The University of Florida Center for Advancing Minority Pain and Aging Science (UF CAMPAS) is seeking innovative Pilot Study applications that address pain, aging and disability. Applicants must be investigators from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Applicants must be from a background that is underrepresented in biomedical research (e.g. ethnic/racial minority, person with a disability).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants must be a faculty member or a trainee (residents, postdocs and fellows) at UF Gainesville or Jacksonville at the time funds are awarded.
- Priority will be given to early-stage faculty members at the rank of Assistant Professor or earlier who have not received previous independent NIH funding.
- However, mid-career faculty members are eligible if they are transitioning to a new focus on pain, aging and disability research.
- The focus of the project must relate to the topic of pain and aging.
Scientific Reviews: Proposals will undergo scientific review by internal and/or external reviewers. The center will consider the following criteria in making funding decisions:
- Address a significant topic related to pain, aging and disability
- Scientific merit (i.e. significance, innovation, methodology)
- Show significant promise for leading to external funding
Budget: The center expects to award up to three one-year pilot grants of up to $25,000 each.
- A cover sheet listing the project’s title, PI and Co-Investigators, and signed by the PI and the PI’s department chair
- A two-page research proposal that includes:
- Specific Aims (~1/3 to 1/2 page)
- Background/Significance (including any preliminary data) (~1/3 to 1/2 page)
- Description of Methods (1-1.3 pages) (i.e. study sample, study design, data collection methods, analysis plan)
- Plans for future external funding (2-3 sentences)
- References (not included in the two-page limit)
Additional information required
- Completed budget worksheet and budget justification
- NIH biosketches for PI, Co-investigator(s) and mentor(s)
Awards are expected to be made on or around May 1, 2019.
Questions? Email Maria Aguirre at firstname.lastname@example.org.