Building Emergency Coordinator system reintroduced
Faculty and staff are encouraged to check out the Department of Emergency Management’s completely revised and improved Building Emergency Coordinator (BEC) system at https://bec.facilities.ufl.edu.
What is a Building Emergency Coordinator? A BEC is a pre-identified point of contact designated by a department/college administrator for a department space within a building. BECs provide pertinent building or departmental information to public safety officials in emergencies. BECs also relay information sent by public safety officials through email communications and recommended trainings to their areas of responsibility. More BEC information and the latest BEC News & Notes are posted at https://emergency.ufl.edu/programs/building-emergency-coordinators/.
Highlighted system features, tools and tips include:
- Non-BEC GatorLink users can now access the below features of the system to find a BEC or more information on area assignments by contacting an admin
- Dept – find a BEC or department admin by department ID or name
- Map (no access to View Building Page) – Select a building on the map to locate all the BECs and admins
- Resources – links to UF public safety related websites and other BEC resources
- Help – Contact information for BEC program and/or system specific questions
- Connect with the Department of Emergency Management by using the social media integrations (UF Public Safety Twitter and UF Yammer)
- New automated features/emails
- Automatic reminders for verification of BECs sent to Admins (Starting this Fall)
- Request a Vest (Primary and Alternate BECs) button
- Remove Me (Allows outgoing BECs to email admins for removal) button
- My Admins table allows users quickly identify and contact their department administrator
- Home tab allows BECs and admins to see space locations and assignments
- After selecting a building via the Buildings tab, use the new “Toggle Floor Plan” feature to find a BEC assigned to a specific space.
- Damage tab allows quick access to the emergency use only damage assessment site
- Users can also locate other area BECs and admins through the Building, Depts, Map tabs
The Department of Emergency Management would like to thank Planning, Design & Construction for their hard work in making the new database a reality as well as all the input garnered from BECs and department administrators.