Teams of staff from across campus are diligently working on the multi-project COMPASS Program. The projects are all focused on modernizing the way UF receives and interacts with student data, from a students’ initial applications, through their academic career, and continuing as alumni. More than 180 interactive design and prototyping work sessions were held in order to integrate as much staff feedback as possible into the new student information system (SIS). The documentation to address gaps between SIS functions and established UF work processes is now complete. Some of the overall system work now underway includes:
- Data conversion, mapping and migration of data to modules in the new system
- Developing the Campus Solutions application—the new student data module for myUFL
- Migrating system modifications to a test environment for evaluation by campus users
- Writing of business process guides to aid in training development
- Defining the new security roles needed
More detailed information can be found on the COMPASS IN PROGRESS webpage. Please feel free to email UFemail@example.com with any questions about the projects underway. Your email will be routed to the appropriate project lead for response.