Recent news and events, including coverage of the trial over George Floyd’s death, have triggered heightened anxiety, anger and a range of other emotions for many of us.
UF’s Anti-Racism website offers helpful resources and guidance, and the Office of the Chief Diversity Officer has shared this list of resources collected last summer by members of the Association of Black Faculty & Staff.
The following resources also are available as support:
- Employee Assistance Program — free in-person and online counseling
- Resources to Restore Balance — recordings from our Fall 2020 series
- Resilient Gator — offered upon request for your area or on-demand individually
- Introduction to Mindfulness — offered upon request for your area
- Wellness Library — recorded presentations by UF, UF Health and UF EAP experts (select “Emotional”)
- UF Mindfulness — programs and resources to support mindful living
UF’s Stronger Together initiative will continue to hold webinars and conversations designed to foster awareness, build capacity and promote action. Upcoming sessions include:
• Understanding Your Racial Identity with Dr. Zully Rivera-Ramos
• Understanding and Taking Action Against Anti-Black Racism with Dr. Della Mosley
You can also view Dr. Mosley’s recent talk on racism and mental health at TEDxUF2021 by clicking on the image below. Dr. Mosley’s talk begins at the 1:15:00 mark.