Faculty and staff wellness activities at the University of Florida and UF Health Shands are growing! Don’t miss out on the various events, activities and programs coming up this year, including the following:
- Quarterly Spotlights, bringing you events and activities centered around a different wellness topic each quarter of 2016:
First quarter, Get up and go!—Focus on physical activity, weight loss and weight management
Second quarter, Thrive—Focus on mental and emotional health
Third quarter, Well@Work—Focus on wellness at the workplace
Fourth quarter, Recipe for Health—Focus on nutrition, diabetes and prediabetes
- Wellness Wednesday presentations, first Wednesday of every month, attend in person at the UF HR Building or stream live from your desk
- Health challenges like the Spring and Fall Walking Challenges and the Summer Hydration Challenge
- Ongoing group fitness classes like Pilates, Zumba and Yoga
How can you stay up-to-date and get involved?
- Sign up for the Wellness Email List by emailing email@example.com.
- Join the GatorCare Wellness Facebook group.
- Schedule our Intro to Wellness presentation for your next staff meeting. This 10-minute presentation reviews all of the current and upcoming wellness opportunities and shows employees how to stay in the know about future events. To schedule, email GatorCare Wellness Coordinator Morgan Papworth or UF Wellness Coordinator Kim Holton.
- Become a Wellness Partner for your area. Wellness Partners are representatives from various departments throughout UF and UF Health who help spread the word about employee wellness initiatives and serve as liaisons between the employee population and the wellness program.