Employees invited to explore UF and UF Health “Windows to Wellness” at free event Jan. 22
Start 2016 off on the right foot! Attend Windows to Wellness 2016, a one-day event filled with activities, information and resources designed to support you in your wellness journey. Benefits-eligible UF and UF Health employees are invited to Emerson Alumni Hall between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 22, to learn more about the many resources and programs available to them.
The day’s activities will include demonstrations and participatory activities, body composition screenings and stroke risk assessments, flu shots, healthy refreshments provided by Healthy Gators, retirement and financial planning workshops, chair massages, and information and resources representing our many “windows” to wellness.
In addition to visiting information tables from a wide variety of UF and UF Health organizations, participants may attend workshops throughout the day. The first 10 participants in each workshop will receive a complimentary goody bag. The College of Health & Human Performance will also host a special lunch-and-learn workshop featuring UF alumna Fitz Koehler and will provide free lunch to 50 participants. Please note that registration is required for the lunchtime workshop, but registration is not necessary for any of the workshops or programs.
|11:30-11:50 a.m.||Healthy Cooking on a Budget|
|12:00-12:45 p.m.||Earn a Fit Body You Love, Even with a Busy Schedule
Free lunch provided by the College of Health & Human Performance. Registration required and limited to 50 participants
By participating in the event, attendees can also enter to win a variety of health and wellness door prizes. Bring a donation to UF’s Field and Fork Campus Food Pantry to receive an additional entry. Prizes to date include:
- Two 3-month memberships and two 1-month unlimited cross-training memberships to Alter Ego Fitness
- Two 1-month memberships to The Ark School of Fitness
- Two tickets to the Butterfly Rainforest at the Florida Museum of Natural History
- Gift bag with jam, farm photography greeting cards, plus a $25 gift certificate to Frog Song Organics
- One Vision Desk Light with Tech Base from Humanscale
- Two 10-class passes to My Yoga Connection
- One 5-class pass to Searchlight Yoga
- One 1-month pass of unlimited rock climbing and three lap swim passes to Sun Country Sports
- One Farm to Table ticket to Swallowtail Farm‘s Farm to Table events
- Two 3-month medical fitness memberships to UF Health Shands Fitness & Wellness Center
- Two tickets to the performance, BODYTRAFFIC, at the UF Performing Arts
Parking will be available on the top level of the O’Connell Center parking deck for employees whose permits do not allow them to park in the O’Connell Center parking lot. To learn more about the event, please visit the Windows to Wellness event website. Questions? Please email email@example.com or contact Kim Holton or Angie Brown, HRS Communications and Wellness, at (352) 392-4626.