Search for four Cabinet-level positions continues
Three candidates for the position of Chief Diversity Officer and Senior Advisor to the President visited campus to meet with university administrators, faculty, staff and students as well as community members during the month of April. Recordings of each candidate’s faculty, staff and student forum were posted online, and participants were invited to share their feedback. The search committee is currently evaluating the candidates alongside feedback received.
First-round interviews for the remaining open positions—Vice President and General Counsel, Vice President for Government and Community Relations, and Vice President for Strategic Communications and Marketing—were held in mid-April. The following finalists have been identified and will be invited to return to campus during the month of May.
Vice President and General Counsel
- Joanna Carey Cleveland, Vice President for Legal Affairs and Deputy General Counsel, University of North Carolina System
- Amy Hass, Interim VP and General Counsel, University of Florida
- Kristina Raattama, Owner, MK Consulting
Vice President for Government and Community Relations
- Mike Joyner, Chief of Staff to Adam Putnam, Florida Commissioner of Agriculture
- Mark Kaplan, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs, The Mosaic Company
Finalists for the position of Vice President for Strategic Communications and Marketing will be announced at a later date. Campus stakeholders will have opportunities to meet the candidates during their visits and more information will be posted to the UFHR website as it becomes available.