As Chief Linda Stump-Kurnick, associate vice president for public and environmental safety, reminded us in her message to campus at the start of the semester, we all share the responsibility for keeping campus safe. One terrific way to stay attuned to safety on campus is to download the UF Public Safety’s GatorSafe app, which provides everything from storm tracking and preparedness resources for hurricane season to communications about traffic alerts and road closures on game day.
GatorSafe app features include:
- “Take Action” guides that direct users on what to do in response to a number of different emergencies
- Emergency contacts
- Quick and easy ways to provide tips directly to local law enforcement
- A safety toolbox for enhancing personal safety that includes current weather, a flashlight, the ability to send your location to someone and a minor traffic crash report form
- UF alerts
- Campus maps
- Links to transportation websites for SNAP, RTS, Uber and Gator Lift
- “U Matter, We Care” resources
GatorSafe is available on the App Store and on Google Play.