Earlier this month, UF-UF Health Wellness hosted UF Recreational Sports registered dietician and nutrition coordinator Jessie Furman for a popular presentation on Mindless vs. Mindful Eating. If you missed the presentation, you can still view it and other recent presentations on nutrition and a variety of wellness topics online by visiting the UFHR WorkLife Media Library.
What you may not know is that, regardless of membership, faculty and staff have access to discounted nutritional consultation services with Furman as well as a myriad of other wellness opportunities on campus through UF RecSports. Faculty and staff can also schedule a variety of therapeutic bodywork (e.g., massage) services right on campus at affordable prices.
In addition to these affordable services, faculty and staff without memberships can enjoy the following offerings:
- Free access to Lake Wauburg, Florida/O’Connell Center Pools, Broward Outdoor Complex and Outdoor Intramural Sports with a Gator 1 card
- Discounts on all UF RecSports premium services (except personal training)
- Swim lessons (youth and adult) and TRiPs/Workshops and outdoor gear rental
- $10 guest pass to attend a class at SWRC or SRFC (no reservations; stand-by only)
For those interested in a membership, benefits include:
- Discounts for group memberships (groups of four or more can receive a $100 discount on their memberships)
- Memberships for spouses/partners (must have a spouse/partner Gator 1 card)
- Payroll deduction for 12-month eligible employees
- Free group fitness classes, fitness assessments, sports equipment checkout and intramural sports
- Discounts on premium services including personal training, massage therapy, small group training and nutrition counseling
- Discounts on swim lessons (youth and adult), CORE TRiPs/Workshops and outdoor gear rentals
Departments or units may also contract for a fitness class to be hosted at a location they secure themselves. Information and request forms for Fitness Group Services can be found here.