Start 2017 off on the right foot! Attend Windows to Wellness 2017, a one-day event filled with activities, information and resources designed to support you in your wellness journey. Benefits-eligible UF and UF Health employees are invited to the Reitz Union’s Grand Ballroom between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 25, to learn more about the many resources and programs available to them.
The day’s activities will include demonstrations and participatory activities as well as assessments to gauge your health—including body composition screenings, blood pressure checks, pre-diabetes screenings, glucose screenings and more. Employees can also enjoy chair massages between the hours of 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., healthy refreshments provided by Healthy Gators, retirement and financial planning workshops, and information and resources representing our many “windows” to wellness.
Employees are encouraged to visit information tables from a wide variety of UF and UF Health organizations and attend workshops throughout the day. In addition to the workshops listed in the schedule below, a variety of financial planning workshops will be offered. To view the schedule, please click here.
The first five participants in each of the following wellness workshops will receive a complimentary goody bag. The College of Health & Human Performance will also host a special lunch-and-learn workshop on “Exploring Food Fads” and will provide free lunch to 50 participants. Please note that registration is required for the lunchtime workshop, but registration is not necessary for any of the workshops or programs.
|WELLNESS ROOM 1||WELLNESS ROOM 2|
|10:30 – 10:50 a.m.||Tai Chi||Meditation|
|11:00 – 11:20 a.m.||Yoga||Sleep Health|
|11:30 – 11:50 a.m.||Calisthenics|
|12 – 12:20 p.m.||Zumba|
|12 – 12:45 p.m.||Exploring Food Fads (Register Now)|
|1:00 – 1:20 p.m.||Deskercise||Preventing Age-Related Muscle Loss|
|1:30 – 1:50 p.m.||Sit Less for Better Health||Preventing and Treating Allergies|
|2:00 – 2:20 p.m.||Zumba||Worklife: Finding What Works for You|
Employees may also create a container vegetable garden at the Reitz Union Circle Drive Breezeway. The first 10 registered for each workshop will leave with a container garden of their own. Sessions are 45 minutes each. Come prepared to get your hands dirty. Click on a link below to register for one of the following sessions:
Event participants can also enter employee drawings for a variety of health and wellness door prizes. Prizes to date include:
- Two 3-month memberships toAlter Ego Fitness Downtown
- Two 2-week unlimited passes for Turbo Cross Training atAlter Ego Fitness Downtown
- Two 2-week memberships toThe Ark School of Fitness
- Two $25 certificates toBikes & More
- One 2-week unlimited class pass toCapoeira Academy of Gainesville
- Two bike tune-ups fromChain Reaction Bike Shop
- Two Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) pickups fromThe Family Garden
- Two tickets to the Butterfly Rain Forest at theFlorida Museum of Natural History
- Five 1-hour massages at the Florida School of MassageStudent Clinic
- One CSA Share Veggie Basket fromFrog Song Organics
- Annual Membership for two named adults plus three kids toKanapaha Botanical Gardens
- 75-minute massage with Katie Andrews, LMT
- Two 5-class passes toSanctuary Yoga
- One 5-class pass toSearchlight Yoga
- One CSA Share Veggie Basket fromSiembra Farms
- One “Farm to Table” ticket toSwallowtail Farm‘s Farm to Table events
- “De-Stress with Breath” workshop through UF Health’s Integrative Medicine Program
- Three 1-month medical fitness memberships toUF Health Shands Fitness & Wellness Center
- Two tickets to the performance of Orchestre National De Lyon on Feb. 27, 2017, at UF Performing Arts
To learn more about the event, please visit the Windows to Wellness event website. Questions? Please email email@example.com or contact Kim Holton or Angie Brown, HRS Communications and Wellness, at (352) 392-4626.