From Costa Rica and Portugal to Washington state and Longboat Key, summer has only just begun, but it’s already taken you to some incredible places! Thank you to everyone who has submitted photos to our UF at Work Summer Photo Contest so far. We love traveling vicariously with you, whether it’s across the country (or world) or to the oasis of your own backyard.
The contest is open through Aug. 16. We’ll announce the first round of photo contest winners in the next issue of UF at Work. In the meantime, check out the contest details below if you haven’t already, along with some additional giveaways just added this week! A big thank you to our friends across UF who have generously donated contest giveaways.
- Two tickets to a performance in UF Performing Arts’ 2019–20 season
- Two tickets to a Men’s Basketball 2019–20 season game
- Two tickets to the Florida Museum of Natural History’s Butterfly Rainforest
- One single-use three-day gear rental coupon for one of the following options: Two stand-up paddleboards, two single kayaks OR one tandem kayak from UF RecSports’ Center for Outdoor Recreation and Education
- Books from University Press of Florida: Made in Florida: Artists, Celebrities, Activists, Educators, and Other Icons in the Sunshine State and In Season: Stories of Discovery, Loss, Home, and Places In Between
- Gator Dining meal vouchers and a reusable water bottle
- A padfolio from the UF Bookstore
- New item: XBOX One Afterglow Prismatic Wireless Headset
- New items: Books from the Harn Museum of Art: Werner’s Nomenclature of Colours, The Ecstatic Gardener and A Short Biography of Frida Kahlo
How to submit a photo
- Post your photo on your own Facebook wall or on Twitter with the hashtag: #UFatPlay (if you’d like, you can also tag us while you’re at it @UFatWork).
- Post your photo directly on the UF at Work Facebook page and/or tag us on Twitter @UFatWork
- Email your photo to us at email@example.com.
The ground rules
The contest is open to UF employees only. Please only submit photos that you personally have taken. The entrant accepts all responsibility for the content provided and has the rights to share the photo. If a person or people are pictured in the photo, the entrant is the person pictured (if using a tripod for example) and/or has the permission of those pictured to share this photo publicly.
By submitting, the entrant gives permission for the photo to be shared on the UF at Work website as well as on UF at Work’s Facebook and Twitter accounts at UF at Work’s sole discretion. Only one giveaway may be received per entrant.
Please keep the photos coming, UF!
Photo above by Kristen Grace, of the Florida Museum of Natural History, taken in Oahu. Grace’s photo took home second place for the month of August in last year’s contest.