Have you recently moved or temporarily relocated? Gotten married or experienced any other changes that affect your emergency contacts or beneficiaries in some way?
By double-checking to make sure your information is up-to-date in the myUFL system, you can avoid additional challenges during times of crisis and ensure you receive important information that affects your health and well-being.
Why it’s important: The UF Alert system relies on information in the directory to send emergency notifications to students and employees. In addition, UFHR regularly sends important benefits- and work-related information to employees.
- Log into the myUFL system with your GatorLink username and password. If you don’t know it, call (352) 392-HELP for assistance.
- Click “My Account” in the menu and then “Update My Directory Profile.”
- Verify your information is correct, making any changes as needed and ensuring your UF Business Email Address is up-to-date.
- After you’ve verified your mailing and email address, click on the “Emergency Contact Information” link at the bottom of the Directory Profile page and verify the information listed there as well.
Why it’s important: Each fall, the State of Florida’s benefits administrator, People First, sends packets of information related to changes to benefits plans just prior to the annual Open Enrollment period.
- Log into the People First system using your People First user ID. Don’t know it? Log into myUFL and navigate to Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > PFID & Beneficiary Info to find yours.
- Click on the “Contact Information” button in the navigation to verify yours is correct and update as needed.
As unpleasant as it is to think about something going wrong, it’s vital that your life insurance beneficiaries, emergency contacts and mailing address are up-to-date for your insurance plans as well.
- For state life insurance plans, visit lifebenefits.com/florida or call Securian at (888) 826-2756. You may change your beneficiaries at any time by filling out a beneficiary designation and change request form and mailing or faxing it to Securian’s Tallahassee branch office. Securian’s fax number and mailing address are included on the form.
- Beneficiary information for UFSelect life plans may be viewed or changed in myUFL by navigating to Main Menu > My Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Summary. If you are enrolled in any of the UFSelect life insurance plans, click on the link next to the corresponding coverage to view and/or update your beneficiary designations. If you have questions about updating beneficiaries on UFSelect life plans, contact UFHR Benefits by email at email@example.com or by phone at (352) 392-2477.